Safety first and alwaysDecember 21, 2022
Your safety comes first. Its our number one priority, whether you’re a permanent or casual member of our team, a contractor, a visitor, or a grower attending a field day.
Throughout 2022, Pacific Seeds held a series of PacSafe safety activities focusing on worksite and farm practical safety, mental health and process improvements.
Here’s just some of the activities this year.
- Safety breaky BBQ chats
- Funky shirt safety Fridays
- Safety Quizzes
- Safe-T morning teas
- Safe Work month activities
- RUOk? Day activities
- Workshops with guest speakers from Sedl and Uvex on how and why we use PPE and correct fitting of ear protection
- Safety lunches with guest speakers including Nigel Sanderson
- Onsite works to upgrade designated walking and truck transit areas
- Free and confidential support through Access EAP
- Advanced driver safety training
- Regular ergonomic assessments
- New healthy snack and fruit options in breakout areas
- All-staff practical training in fire response and extinguisher use
- Adult and child first aid courses
- Partnerships with local stores to install defibrillators in regional communities
Throughout 2023 we look forward to continuing many of these activities as well as introducing some new safety awareness and practical training initiatives.